Meet our Board: a dedicated group of community leaders helping to make Sonoma County a great place to ride!
- JENNY BARD, President
- AMY LOUKONEN, Vice President
- BONNIE HOGUE, Secretary
- BOB STENDER, Treasurer
- JOHN MURPHY
- LYNN DEEDLER
- ALEX MALLONEE
The Board meets virtually at 5:30 pm on the second Monday of the month. If you would like to attend, call or email us for the Zoom link.
The Board of Directors has three primary roles:
- Fundraising: Fundraising is the most important responsibility of a board member. Board members are expected use their connections to spur interest in and support of the organization they serve. Board fundraising activities may include major donor solicitations, sponsorship solicitations, membership recruitment, and efforts to boost event registrations.
- Oversight of Programs: The board is responsible for general oversight of the organization’s programs. This role does not extend to the operations behind the programs, but does include fiduciary oversight.
- Strategic Planning : The board is the primary force behind the organization’s strategic planning decisions. Board members create/ update the strategic plan and evaluate the implementation plan presented by staff.
A Board member is expected to:
- Attend and actively participate in Board meetings as well as any Board committee meetings as assigned.
- To participate in an annual one-day Board retreat to address strategic planning issues.
- To serve as ambassadors of the Bike Coalition and work to actively promote its values through proactive interactions with the public.
Email the Board