Walk, bicycle, skateboard, scoot, or roller skate downtown and experience Petaluma Boulevard without cars! Transverse town via the Lynch Creek Trail and check out the new bicycle infrastructure on Petaluma Boulevard South.
Our local nonprofits and community organizations will offer a variety of activities and performances (if your group would like to participate, fill out our interest form here) along the route and in Walnut & Lucchesi Parks. This is not a parade, organized ride, street fair or market – everyone who comes will be creating this participatory event together! There will be no outside vendors so folks can patronize our local businesses.
Partners & activities include:
- SCBC Safe Routes to School: kids’ bike skills/safety course
- BikePetaluma: bike decoration station
- Petaluma Wheelmen: tour guides/route advisors
- Cool Petaluma: activities to be determined
- Elevated Slacklining will set up some lines
- Petaluma Library: storytelling
- Petaluma Wetlands Alliance: crafting (bird ornament) and giant Jenga
- Other games: giant Scrabble, cornhole
- Petalukes (Petaluma Ukulele Club)
- Ken & Fran
Do you have an activity, performance, service, or art project you’d like to share at Ciclovía? Let us know!
We’ll continue to add activity details as they are confirmed!
This is a no waste event; please bring a water bottle, there will be filling stations!
- What does “Ciclovía” mean? The term means “cycle path” in Spanish, and was coined in Bogotá, Columbia, where the event had its beginnings in the 1970s. Many cities in the English-speaking world refer to these events as Open Streets or come up with their own local name.
- I have a business along the route; how will this affect me? In general, businesses alone Ciclovía routes experience increased business during the event! Download our business info sheet for more info.
- This sounds like fun, how can I help make it happen? We will be needing volunteers throughout the day – check out the task list and sign up here.
- Where can I find out more about Ciclovía in general?