OUTREACH AND EVENTS COORDINATOR
The Outreach and Events Coordinator is often the first point of contact for SCBC members, volunteers and community partners and hence forms many people’s initial impressions of the organization. To be effective, the Outreach and Events Coordinator must be personable, resourceful, diplomatic, and eager to help.
SCBC’s dues-paying members provide both financial and political support toward accomplishing the organization’s mission. SCBC’s volunteers are also critical to overall success, as they enable the Bike Parking Program and assist during SCBC and partner events.
The Outreach and Events Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the SCBC membership program, including processing payments, corresponding with members, and coordinating efforts toward expanding membership; recruiting and managing volunteers for valet bike parking and other events; coordinating Bike to Work Month activities, volunteers, and event sponsors; promoting SCBC events and activities via print and digital media; and assisting with other miscellaneous tasks.
The Outreach and Events Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
- Manage the membership program, including:
- Processing memberships with FileMaker database
- Preparing and sending membership communications through email and postal delivery
- Registering payments through various platforms
- Producing membership reports, using FileMaker and Excel
- Coordinating efforts toward expanding membership
- Manage volunteer program, including:
- Recruiting volunteers via SCBC’s website, social media, e-newsletter, direct emails and phone calls
- Manage volunteers at SCBC and partner events, including overseeing bike parking services provided by SCBC
- Maintain database of SCBC volunteers
- Negotiate bike parking rental agreements, including obtaining contracts, scheduling service and providing follow-up
- Manage Bike to Work Month activities, volunteers and event sponsors, including:
- Recruiting and managing volunteers via SCBC’s website, social media, e-newsletter, direct emails and phone calls
- Managing event sponsors/donors
- Promoting and implementing Bike to Work Day and Bike to Work Month commuter challenges and other related events/activities
- Manage Valet Bike Parking Services, including:
- Recruiting volunteers via SCBC’s website, social media, email blasts (MailChimp), direct emails and phone calls
- Managing, transporting and setting-up/breaking-down bicycle parking equipment
- Miscellaneous other tasks as needed
To succeed in this position, one must be/have:
- Highly organized – time management and prioritization skills a must
- An effective writer
- Computer savvy
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs
- Email marketing experience – MailChimp, Constant Contact, Vertical Response or similar
- Social media experience
- Some experience working with FileMaker or other database platform desirable
- Some experience working with WordPress or other website platform desirable
- Basic graphic design skills desirable
- A problem-solver attitude
- Friendly, personable and professional
- A sense of humor and a good team player
- Hours: Part-time (20-30 hrs/wk), Non-exempt
- 90-day probationary period
- Some evenings and weekends required
- Clean driving record required
- Salary: $17-18/hr, DOE
- Ability to occasionally carry or move equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally work outside in inclement weather
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following items electronically (as a single PDF file) to email@example.com. Please do not send paper or faxed applications.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional references with phone numbers and email addresses submitted as one PDF document, or the application will not be considered or acknowledged. No telephone inquiries please. The receipt of all complete applications will be acknowledged with an email.
SCBC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, sex, age or any other protected classification.
Position open until filled.