Bicycle Education/Outreach Coordinator
The Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition seeks a qualified, enthusiastic individual to help implement our Bike Education program in schools and the community. This primarily entails teaching kids and/or adults to ride bicycles safely and confidently. The position involves traveling within Sonoma County (mileage is reimbursed). This position is perfect for someone looking for supplementary work/income, who is available weekdays in April-May 2019. Our seasonal on-bicycle work takes place primarily in April-June and Sept-Nov, but opportunities may become available in the winter and summer months.
1. Work with SCBC Bike Education team to set-up and facilitate outdoor bike-skill/safety courses
2. Lead & teach bicycle safety and skills during outdoor bike skill/safety courses
3. Help staff/supervise school & community bicycle rides
4. Occasional miscellaneous bike-related duties including but not limited to:
a. Set up & outreach at bike-related events
b. Deploying our “bike blender (bicycle-blended smoothies)” at school or community events
c. Assisting with valet bicycle parking
d. Assisting with simple bike fleet management (loading/unloading, pumping tires, washing bikes)
5. Classroom teaching of bicycle/pedestrian safety (off-season, if needed)
Strongly Desired Qualifications
1. Enthusiastic, outgoing, enjoys working with team members and with kids
2. Flexible availability – availability before/during/after school hours, as well as occasional weekends and/or evenings.
3. Outdoor education or classroom teaching experience
4. Clean driving record & proof of insurance. Ability to travel throughout Sonoma County (mileage reimbursement provided)
5. Experience and high-comfort level with cycling for transportation
1. Ability to occasionally carry or move equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
2. Ability to frequently stand for long periods of time
3. Ability to occasionally work outside in inclement weather
Bilingual (English/Spanish) an added plus, but not required.
Our staff is focused on making positive change in the world and supports and celebrates diversity. The Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
This is an on-call, non-exempt position. Salary is $17-$18.00 per hour/DOE. We offer a friendly, fast-paced, flexible work environment. Our staff is focused on making positive change in the world and supports and celebrates diversity. The Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please send a short cover letter and resume outlining your experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position to the Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition. Emails only, send to email@example.com. Please put the cover letter in the text of your e-mail. The résumé may be attached as a file. The position is open until filled. No phone calls. Our staff is focused on making positive change in the world and supports and celebrates diversity. The Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition
The Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition is a non-profit, membership based organization that serves as the voice of transportation and recreational cyclists of Sonoma County, and works to educate the community about bicycle safety and the benefits of cycling, including good health and protecting the environment. We represent interests ranging from employees riding to work, students riding to school, residents running errands and attending events, recreational cyclists out for exercise and fun, and bike tourists enjoying the pleasures of Sonoma County. We work with elected officials and government agencies to make sure that all new road projects or redesigns consider the needs of cyclists. We want riders of all ages to have safe and efficient ways of getting around by bike. Learn more at www.bikesonoma.org.