Valet Bicycle Parking encourages people to bicycle to public events, knowing that their bike will be safe. More attendees riding bikes = less traffic congestion! Keeping bikes in one contained area keeps your event grounds orderly. Our staff freely share their knowledge about safe cycling, upcoming events, safe routes, etc. with attendees. We’ve been providing this service for years and are trusted in the community.
HOW DOES IT WORK? Valet bike parking works just like valet car parking!
- Each rider is given a check tag. One half stays with the bike and the other half is kept by the rider.
- The bike is carefully parked in our secure (The corral is staffed by at least two people at all times; no one but staff is allowed inside!)
- To retrieve a bike, the user hands in the check tag and the bike is returned.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
FULL SERVICE OPTION: $500/day, $300/half day (4 hours or less); discount for multiple events
- Portable posts and fencing to enclose the “corral”
- Bike racks and valet tags
- 10’ by 10’ canopy, table, chairs
- Delivery, setup, breakdown, and staffing (at least two attendants at all times)
- Promotion of your event in our newsletter and social media channels
RACK RENTAL: $200 up to ten racks, $300 more than ten
- Racks only, to be picked up at SCBC office
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
SCBC requests the following to ensure that our valet bicycle parking service is well-utilized by your event attendees:
- Please make your request at least thirty days before the event, especially during our busy season (April through September).
- We need a minimum of one hour for setup and a half hour for breakdown. (More time may be needed for large events.)
- Our logo should be included on all event promotional materials with the statement “Valet bicycle parking provided by Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition.”
- Bike parking should be located near the event’s main entrance to provide the greatest visibility & convenience to your attendees. The parking location should appear on your event maps.
- Full payment is due no later than fifteen days following your event; SCBC will provide you with an invoice.
INTERESTED? Download this page in an easy-to-print PDF.
Contact Event Coordinator Eris Weaver (email@example.com or 545-0153) with the following information:
- Contact information for event coordinator (and invoice contact, if different)
- Date, time, and location of event
- Estimated event attendance (and estimated bicycle attendance, if known)
Places you’ve seen the bike valet:
Santa Rosa’s Wednesday Night Market, Sonoma Farmers’ Market, Sebastopol’s Apple Blossom Festival, 4th of July in Sonoma, Santa Rosa’s Earth Day, Healdsburg’s Harvest Century, Levi’s Gran Fondo, West End Farmers’ Market, Wunderkammer, Handcar Regatta, YMCA Harvest Run/Walk, Human Race, Great Russian River Race, Sonoma City Party, Resurrection Parish’s Oktoberfest, Amgen Tour of California, Petaluma’s Rivertown Revival, Lagunitas’ Beer Circus, Sonoma County Backroad Challenge, Echelon Gran Fondo, SRJC Day Under the Oaks, Giro Bello, and more!