Our classroom sessions are now online for FREE!
Come and learn everything from lane positioning to gear ratios. Not sure how to ride through an intersection? Curious about riding two abreast? Our nationally certified instructors are walking bicycle-encyclopedias and can answer any question you might have. We guarantee you’ll come away having benefited whether you are an expert or a novice bicyclist. This two-hour course uses slide illustrations, street diagrams, and video clips to communicate a general overview of cycling in Sonoma County. A bicycle is not required for Smart Cycling A, but bringing your helmet is recommended so we can make sure your helmet is fitted correctly. Smart Cycling B is an on-bike class for people who have already completed Smart Cycling A and want to improve their riding skills. A bicycle in good mechanical condition and a properly fitted helmet are required for Smart Cycling B.
Click on a date to register.
- 07/15 6:30-8 pm: Smart Cycling 101A (via Zoom)
- 08/12 6:30-8 pm: Smart Cycling 101A (via Zoom)
- 08/15 9 am – 1 pm: Smart Cycling 101B (on bike, if Shelter in Place Order allows)
- 09/09 6:30-8 pm: Smart Cycling 101A (via Zoom)
- 09/26 9 am – 1 pm: Smart Cycling 101B (on bike, if Shelter in Place Order allows)
Online Educational Resources
Here are some useful resources from the League of American Bicyclists (the entity that certifies our instructors):
- Traffic Skills 101 online safety course: this collaboration between the city of Houston and the League is the equivalent of our Smart Cycling 101A.
- Smart Cycling videos – rules of the road, adjusting your bike, fitting your helmet, basic bike handling schools, and more!
- Smart Cycling safety tips