We’re defining a “community ride” as a ride open to anyone, with no membership or registration required and no fees to participate. It’s always a good idea to contact the organizers before your first ride, as these change frequently and we can’t keep up with them all!
- Taco Tuesday meets every Tuesday at 5:45 pm at Humboldt Park in Santa Rosa (Humboldt & Pacific). About 8 miles, 3 hours, dinner at the Roseland taco trucks and ice cream at the end. Contact Juan Chavez.
- First Friday at Five meets at Walnut Park in Petaluma. Contact D’Lynda Fischer.
- BikePetaluma rides the second Saturday at 9:30.
- Bike Night first Wednesday of the month. Join the Facebook group.
- Windsor Bike & Sport has a Saturday morning women’s ride.
- Healdsburg Running Company sponsors a Critical Mass bike ride the first Friday.
- Many other local bike shops organize group rides, call the one nearest you!
Do you know of an ongoing community bike ride we should add to this list? Let us know!
Local Clubs & Nonprofits
- Santa Rosa Cycling Club: hosts lots of rides and events, big and small!
- Petaluma Wheelmen: hosts rides in the southern part of the county
- Positive Mens Support Cycling Club: hosts weekly rides and lunches
- BikePetaluma: hosts monthly family rides and advocates for bike-friendly policy in Petaluma
- Redwood Empire Mountain Bike Association (REMBA): promotes mountain biking and does maintenance on local trails
- Community Bikes: teaches folks how to fix their bikes, sells & donated refurbished used bikes – donate your used bikes here!
- VeloMed: medical professionals who provide volunteer riding medical support for organized bicycle rides
Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committees
- Sonoma County: meets third Wednesday every other month
- Santa Rosa: meets third Thursday of the month
- Petaluma: meets first Wednesday of the month
- Rohnert Park: meets the fourth Monday of the month
- County-Wide: meets fourth Tuesday of the month
last updated 07/22/2021