Looking for Ride/Route Suggestions?
If you’re looking to plan a ride with the least amount of traffic stress, our color-coded Sonoma County Bike Map is extremely helpful!
- Santa Rosa Cycling Club has a list of Ten Great Rides as well as a Route Library
- Check out this list of local rides on RideWithGPS
- SCBC now has a club on RideWithGPS – check out our routes and challenges!
We’re defining a “community ride” as a ride open to anyone, with no membership or registration required and no fees to participate. It’s always a good idea to contact the organizers before your first ride, as these change frequently and we can’t keep up with them all!
- Taco Tuesday meets every Tuesday at 5:30 pm at Franklin Park in Santa Rosa. About 8 miles, 3 hours, dinner at the Roseland taco trucks and ice cream at the end. Contact Juan Chavez.
- Rohnert Park in Motion, One Bike at A Time rides on Friday evenings. Contact Roxana Leiva.
- Sunday Funday rides meet at 10:00 am on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month at Keiser Park in Windsor.
- First Friday at Five meets at Walnut Park in Petaluma. Contact D’Lynda Fischer.
- BikePetaluma rides the second Saturday at 9:30.
- Bike Night first Wednesday of the month. Join the Facebook group.
- Windsor Bike & Sport has a Saturday morning women’s ride.
- Healdsburg Running Company sponsors a Critical Mass bike ride the first Friday.
- Many other local bike shops organize group rides, call the one nearest you!
Do you know of an ongoing community bike ride we should add to this list? Let us know!
Local Clubs, Nonprofits, and Advocacy Groups
- Bikeable Santa Rosa: volunteer group of local residents working for a safe and low-stress bicycle network connecting all neighborhoods in Santa Rosa.
- Santa Rosa Cycling Club: hosts lots of rides and events, big and small!
- Petaluma Wheelmen: hosts rides in the southern part of the county
- Positive Mens Support Cycling Club: hosts weekly rides and lunches
- BikePetaluma: hosts monthly family rides and advocates for bike-friendly policy in Petaluma
- Safe Streets Petaluma: advocating safe, healthy and affordable mobility for all.
- Bike Sebastopol: strives to create a town where people of all ages and abilities can safely enjoy bicycling.
- Redwood Trail Alliance: promotes mountain biking and does maintenance on local trails
- Red Peloton: The Red Peloton is a race and cycling club in Sonoma County, and promotes cycling in all forms.
- Community Bikes: teaches folks how to fix their bikes, sells & donated refurbished used bikes – donate your used bikes here!
- Operation Bicycle: a community bike shop run by staff, volunteers, and teens who provide sales, maintenance, and repair services for the general public.
- VeloMed: medical professionals who provide volunteer riding medical support for organized bicycle rides
Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committees
- Sonoma County: meets third Wednesday every other month
- Santa Rosa: meets third Thursday of the month
- Petaluma: meets first Wednesday of the month
- Rohnert Park: meets the fourth Monday of the month
- County-Wide: meets fourth Tuesday of the month
last updated 06/12/2023