Report Hazards

The squeaky wheel gets the grease…but ONLY if the person who actually HAS THE GREASE hears it!

As we cycle our local city streets and county roads, we invariably encounter problems: potholes, encroaching vegetation, mistimed traffic lights, signs in the bike lanes, whatever. And we complain about them – to each other, to the Coalition, to our family members and coworkers. But often we neglect to report them to the people who actually have the power to fix them! Maybe we don’t know who that actually is. Maybe we can’t stop at the moment because we’re late to work, and then we forget about it once we’re there.

Public works crews have a lot to do. They are driving around in trucks and they don’t see the road the same way we see it from a bike.  The more of us that report problems, the more likely they are to be fixed. If you make a report, and it isn’t addressed in a week or two, report it again!

If you put shortcuts to the Public Works departments in all the jurisdictions in which you habitually ride on your phone,  you can report things more quickly and easily – which means you’re more likely to actually DO it!  Here’s a quick guide:

SONOMA COUNTY has a mobile app, SoCoConnect, for reporting issues. You can also contact Sonoma County Public Infrastructure (formerly Transportation & Public Works) at (707) 565-2557 or Info on road closures ( County roads only)

SANTA ROSA:  MySantaRosa is not an app per se, but a web-based portal.  It’s a little confusing at first, as it gives you a list of phone numbers – why are you giving me phone numbers when I’m trying to report using your app?!? You can also contact City of Santa Rosa Public Works at (707) 543-3800.

ROHNERT PARK‘s app GO Request has a very clean and logical interface. City of Rohnert Park Public Works: (707) 588-3300.

COTATI has an online report form or you can contact City of Cotati Public Works (707) 792-4685.

PETALUMA‘s online reporting form has an interactive map for pinpointing the location of the problem. You can also call (707) 778-4303.

SONOMA’s online reporting form is pretty basic. Call City of Sonoma Public Works: (707) 938-3332 or email

HEALDSBURG’s Request Tracker is a little clunky and requires you to create a login. It’s probably easier to call City of Healdsburg Public Works: (707) 431-3346.

CLOVERDALE uses the same appCity of Cloverdale Public Works: (707) 894-1722.

SEBASTOPOL  City of Sebastopol Public Works: (707) 823-5331 does not have an app or online form.

Neither does WINDSOR  Town of Windsor Public Works: (707) 838-1009.

For reporting issues on the State Highway System, (Highways 12, 116, 37, 121, or 128),  submit a customer service request online or contact Caltrans, District 4 Office at (510) 286-4444.

updated 04/02/2024