Riding a bicycle becomes an everyday activity for transportation, recreation and exercise throughout Sonoma County for everyone. Bicycling is considered a standard form of transportation by local governments and safe transportation options for bicycle riders are always included in decision-making. As a result, the people of Sonoma County enjoy healthier lifestyles, a cleaner environment and safe cycling choices.
The Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition promotes bicycle riding for transportation and recreation through government advocacy and public education for the community about bicycle safety, the benefits of bicycling, including good health and protecting the environment.
GOAL 1: Advocate for continual improvements to the transportation network to foster bicycling as a safe and fun option for all.
Strategy: Create multiple public bicycle advocacy teams across Sonoma County.
- Action 1: Mobilize 10-25 people to take action to support bicycling in each region.
- Action 2: Identify and advocate for protected/separated bikeways where they are needed most to make bicycling safe and convenient for people of all ages and abilities.
GOAL 2: Ensure that the SCBC membership and program participants represent the diversity of Sonoma County
Strategy: Diversify volunteers, staff and board to increase representation and outreach to all segments of our community
- Action 1: Bilingual community organizer will be hired to build relationships in underserved communities and encourage new and emerging riders to join our efforts.
- Action 2: 10 percent of program participants will represent underserved communities.
GOAL 3: Build the power and influence of SCBC to secure long-term financial stability and broad community support to carry out its mission throughout the county.
Strategy: Implement a fundraising plan with measurable goals to increase and broaden income sources.
- Action 1: Increase revenues 10 percent annually
- Action 2: Increase membership by 5 percent annually