The Sonoma County Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District is developing the Vital Lands Initiative – a comprehensive plan that will guide the District’s work for the next 15 years. Building on 25+ years of successful land conservation work, the initiative will outline strategies for protecting our most precious open space lands to preserve agriculture, natural resources, recreation, scenic vistas, greenbelt areas, and urban open space.
The District invites you to provide input on the draft goals, objectives, strategies, and performance measures of the Vital Lands Initiative at the following public meetings:
- Thursday, October 12 | 6:00pm – 8:00pm | Petaluma Veterans Memorial Building
- Saturday, October 14 | 10:00am – 12:00pm | Community Church of Sebastopol
- Monday, October 16 | 6:00pm – 8:00pm | Santa Rosa Veterans Memorial Building
- Tuesday, October 17 | 6:00pm – 8:00pm | Villa Chanticleer (Healdsburg)
- Wednesday, October 18 | 6:00pm – 8:00pm | Sonoma Veterans Memorial Building
Feedback received during these public meetings will be incorporated into a draft plan to be released to the public in November. Check the District’s website for updates or sign up for their e-newsletter to learn about more opportunities to provide input. Can’t make it to a meeting? No problem! Send an email or take the online survey to provide your feedback.