Your calls to the Governor’s office in support of Senator Mike McGuire’s Great Redwood Trail Act (SB 1029) have really made a difference! The effort resulted in the Governor’s staff coming to the table to discuss possible sources of funding to make the Trail happen. That was a huge step! SB 1029 is now pending in its last committee, the Assembly Appropriations Committee. While the Legislature is in recess for the district work period, AB 1029 supporters are working hard with the Administration, appropriations, and budget staff on the funding mechanisms for the bill.
Please call the Governor’s comment line and leave a message expressing your support for SB 1029 – the Great Redwood Trail Act.
Governor Brown’s Phone: (916) 445-2841
Talking points to include:
- I’m ——————-, calling from (town), (county) to express my support for SB 1029, the Great Redwood Trail Act.
- California’s state government is already on the hook for the NCRA’s liabilities one way or another; the sooner we resolve this situation, the better.
- This bill would turn an environmental and fiscal liability into a public asset.
- SB 1029 will bring much needed tourism revenue to the North Coast region.
- The Great Redwood Trail will connect the North Coast’s diverse landscapes and rural communities with healthy opportunities to explore the great outdoors by bike, foot and horseback for generations to come.
- The Great Redwood Trail will traverse several unique and diverse ecosystems, providing first-hand environmental education and enrichment opportunities – including the possibility of an interpretive lesson on climate change!